Thursday 18 February 2016

"I Can Cook"Cookbook Brief

I completed some research on current children's cook books that are on the market:






From the research that I have conducted above, I have come to the conclusion that there is a half and half split to the cartoon illustrated cookbooks and the photo realistic illustrations. The positive point about the photo realistic books is that the children can see exactly what the final piece of food is going to be where as in the cartoon section is a bit more vague to the final outcome. There are a large amount of pastel colours which would probably be described as pretty.

The main sections within the double spread of these cookbooks are the title stating the name of the recipe, the ingredients section, the equipment, the instructions/method and then any alternatives which would include options to swap certain foods for other food.


I chose to do the sticky chocolate cake recipe. Below are some sketches of concepts that I have come up with.



Below is the final outcome that I have created for this brief:


No comments:

Post a Comment