Sunday 13 March 2016

Rough Sketches

Below are my rough coloured sketches.





This is the idea that I had for the front cover and back cover of my activity book, it would feature a band which would go around the book that would include the title in it and the blurb on the back cover. I wanted the covers to be looked at by children and think how they would like to be doing these activities, hence why the majority of the back and front cover will be filled with images. Below are some examples of potential colour schemes which could be used if I was to choose this front and back cover for my activity book.




This is an idea I had for the "Cooking with Fire" double page spread, I have used a grid layout in order to make the spread look structured and attractive. Below are some colour scheme ideas that would have to be thought about when it comes to a more in depth design.



This is the "Bug Hotel" page which I have renamed to be the "Mini Beast Mansion", there is a grid structure present in this design also. The boxes in the design would be made from a wood/bark/tree trunk texture which would be flattened slightly so that the wording and images would look good and would be visible on top of the pattern.


Below are some better sketches which show more detail than the ones above.

Wood/bark textured planks of wood with information on them.
Detailed cartoons/real life diagrams of insects in the box with
the cross in it.

Wood grain/bark/tree trunk- realistic texture/cartoon texture.
Notice board style- pinned to the tree.

Ripped up paper with jottings down and stuck into the book using
tape.  Inspiration from Wreck My Journal.




No comments:

Post a Comment